Monday, November 12, 2012

Moro's Third Piece "Shopping Guide to Sugamo Shitamachi"

Author's Note:
Last autumn my family took me to Sugamo Jizo Dori Shopping Street just for pleasure (actually my father loves this kind of traditional Japanese places in Tokyo). It is known as a place for old ladies, so at first I imagined that it must be boring. However, contrary to what I had expected, Sugamo Jizo Dori had many interesting things, such as Jizos, temples, funny items, and delicious food. Soon I liked the retrospective atmosphere of Sugamo Jizo Dori, and this place became one of the most relaxing places for me (but note that I'm still not an old lady). So for my final publishing piece, I decided to write a shopping guide to Sugamo Jizo Dori Shopping Street in order to let everyone know the enjoyable aspect of Sugamo. It was somewhat difficult to explain the meaning of Japanese words in English, but at the same time I realized the importance of being able to introduce Japanese traditional culture to foreigners in this way. After finishing writing this, I came to feel that I want to know more about Japanese culture as a Japanese.

Thank you for helping me to improve this piece, Mark, Risa, and Saaya (and my father). I hope everyone will enjoy my final piece.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bwd7SaNocZUrc0M4V1pWakxpazQ

No comments:

Post a Comment