Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Preparing for the Final Class on 11/12 Monday

Hi everyone,

We have two more classes and here is the plan.

11/7 Wed
---------------
After my explanation about how to finish up the course, this will be our final free working day. Please find partners to do peer collaboration for brainstorming, revising, editing.

11/12
----------------
In this final class, each writer will share a little writing (favorite sentence or line), and/or also share a little about what you learned about writing or about yourself as a writer during this course.

Please prepare for that by finishing your 2nd or 3rd piece, and doing the final fixed blogging topic on the syllabus.

I'll also ask for your cooperation with a final anonymous online survey on this course, which can be done by email after the final class.

Finishing Up
-------------------
This class never finishes, in the sense that I hope your writing will continue as a long-long endeavor. Also, you are free to publish anything on this website and your blog any time you like, even after the course finishes.

The most important thing, as Kathleen mentioned, is that you keep writing down your thoughts and experiences day to day, and have a sensitive awareness to human life.

I hope you will do that.

If you are curious about your grade (as I often was when I was a student), just send me an email after the final class 11/12. I will be grading based on effort and engagement in three areas: 1) participation, 2) blogging, and 3) the process of publishing.

If you are worried about failing, please send me an email IMMEDIATELY and I will let you know if you still have a chance to do a minimum within the next 5 days. Those who have been frequently absent should definitely contact me. It may be too late already, but we may be able to come to an agreement if you have been doing some of the blogging and publishing work.

No comments:

Post a Comment