Monday, October 17, 2011

"Dear Grandma" by Natsuki

Dear Grandma
by Natsuki (link to letter)

Author's Note:
I really love my grandmother and often send a letter to her. This time, I sent a letter with a souvenir from Taiwan. I hope she gets better both mentally and physically by reading this letter and drinking oolong tea I gave. I found it really difficult for me to express what I feel or think in English by letter. Therefore, I wrote it in Japanese first and then translated into English. Through this writing, I came to think that I want to try to show my real feelings clearly in English more even if it is quite hard for me. Thank you ;)

1 comment:

  1. Natsuki,

    It's always great to write letters to someone special.

    Your piece was so descriptive and detailed, I could tell that from reading it, you and your grandmother have a very close relationship.

    I hope that the two of you will be able to plan a trip soon...

    ReplyDelete