Sunday, October 30, 2011

"Watch Me All the Time" by Mark

Watch Me All the Time
By Mark Christianson
f9f27268.jpg










Bouncing endlessly up and down
She's four, my daughter named Mei
Bubbling with life
And an insatiable need for undivided attention

Daddy! Daddy! DADDY!
Look at me
Look at me
Mitete mitete!

Spinning around
Running into my arms
The center of her world

Daddy...Daddy?...DADDY!
Are you looking at me?
Are you looking at me?
Chanto miteru? Chanto miteru?

I'm looking! I'm really looking!
Well...at least once, twice, thrice.
But she demands more
Are you REALLY looking?
Are you REALLY looking?

Watch me ALL the time, Daddy
ALL THE TIME!

Author's Note: My four year old daughter says "look at me" "watch me" a million times a day! The "Are you really looking?" is one of her favorite lines along with "Watch me all the time". This is just Mei as she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment